Monday 16 August 2010

The Headed Hunter

The Headless Hunter has now become the Headed Hunter.

First off: I hate grey stuff. I bought it to try out and indeed it acts a lot like green stuff, but it says "non-sticky" on the packaging. Now, this is a problem. The putty sticks more to my fingers that to the scalp to which I was trying to affix it. So, that's why there are two kinds of putty in the images below.

The first pic is of the face before the hair, the second is of the first braid, and then follows shots from all manner of angles of the finished result. I decided on giving him cornrows for a less Roman legionnaire/USMC, more tribal look. I've always enjoyed the idea of GW's space marines as being drawn from feral humans on technologically regressed planets and I wanted to give him an unusual hairstyle still good for a warrior.

Just to note, I've myself had rasta braids before and after doing this I long to have that kind of hair again. Enjoy the pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment